Lahore Airport – Allama Iqbal International Airport – LHE
Cheapest Flights From Lahore Airport
|9 March 2024
|10 March 2024
|From 204 975
Cheapest Flights to Lahore Airport
|13 March 2024
|15 March 2024
|From 46 788
|22 March 2024
|25 March 2024
|From 65 305
|5 March 2024
|10 March 2024
|From 97 392
|1 March 2024
|7 March 2024
|From 101 834
|3 March 2024
|9 March 2024
|From 164 415
|16 March 2024
|22 March 2024
|From 185 532
|20 May 2024
|26 May 2024
|From 202 423
|1 October 2024
|2 October 2024
|From 230 062
|9 April 2024
|15 April 2024
|From 268 390
|1 March 2024
|7 March 2024
|From 334 512
|27 February 2024
|1 March 2024
|From 421 212
Popular Flights Routes from Lahore
Popular Flights Routes to Lahore
Lahore Airport: Allama Iqbal International Airport (LHE)
Allama Iqbal International Airport, with the airport code LHE, is the primary airport serving Lahore, the cultural and economic hub of Pakistan’s Punjab province. Named after the renowned poet Allama Iqbal, the airport holds significant importance as a major transportation hub, connecting Lahore with various domestic and international destinations. As one of the busiest airports in Pakistan, Allama Iqbal International Airport plays a vital role in facilitating air travel and trade for millions of passengers each year.
The airport’s strategic location near the city center makes it easily accessible for travelers from Lahore and the surrounding regions. Its modern infrastructure, efficient services, and numerous flight connections contribute to its status as a prominent aviation gateway in the country. With a range of facilities and amenities, including lounges, duty-free shops, and dining options, the airport ensures a comfortable and convenient experience for passengers.
Most Busy Routes from Lahore
Allama Iqbal International Airport serves a wide range of domestic and international routes, catering to various destinations around the world. Some of the most busy and popular routes from Lahore include:
- Lahore to Karachi: This domestic route connects Lahore, the capital of Punjab, with Karachi, the financial hub of Pakistan. It is one of the busiest air routes in the country due to high demand for business and leisure travel.
- Lahore to Dubai: Dubai is a major international hub, and this route links Lahore with the vibrant city, providing seamless connections to various destinations across the globe.
- Lahore to Jeddah: This route connects Lahore with the holy city of Jeddah in Saudi Arabia, serving a significant number of pilgrims traveling for religious purposes.
- Lahore to London: The route between Lahore and London is a popular long-haul international route, connecting Pakistan with the United Kingdom.
- Lahore to Abu Dhabi: This route links Lahore with the capital city of the United Arab Emirates, offering convenient connections to other destinations in the region and beyond.
These busy routes reflect Allama Iqbal International Airport’s significance as a crucial aviation hub in Pakistan, connecting Lahore with key domestic and international destinations and facilitating seamless air travel for travelers from all walks of life.
Lahore Airport Terminals: Serving Travelers Efficiently
Allama Iqbal International Airport in Lahore comprises two main terminals, each designed to cater to the needs of travelers efficiently:
- Allama Iqbal Terminal (Terminal 1): This terminal primarily handles domestic flights and is the older of the two terminals. Travelers flying to domestic destinations within Pakistan can make use of this facility. The terminal offers various amenities, including check-in counters, baggage claim areas, duty-free shops, restaurants, and waiting lounges. While it may not be as spacious as the newer terminal, it still ensures a comfortable experience for domestic passengers with essential services available.
- Ghulam Muhammad Terminal (Terminal 2): The newer and more modern terminal, Terminal 2, is dedicated to handling international flights. It is named after Ghulam Muhammad, the first finance minister of Pakistan. The terminal boasts a larger and more contemporary design, featuring state-of-the-art facilities and improved passenger services. Travelers departing on international flights will find a seamless check-in process, passport control, customs, and a variety of dining and retail options.
Both terminals are equipped with immigration counters, customs facilities, and baggage handling services to ensure smooth arrivals and departures for travelers. The airport management constantly strives to enhance facilities and services to meet the needs of passengers from all over the world. With a commitment to providing a positive travel experience, Lahore Airport’s terminals aim to ensure a hassle-free journey for all travelers passing through its gates.
Lahore Airport Baggage Services: Ensuring Convenient Travel
Allama Iqbal International Airport in Lahore offers a range of baggage services to ensure a seamless and convenient travel experience for passengers:
- Baggage Trolleys: Complimentary baggage trolleys are available throughout the airport to assist travelers in transporting their luggage. These trolleys can be easily accessed in the arrival and departure areas, making it convenient for passengers to move their belongings.
- Baggage Wrapping: For added security and protection of checked luggage, baggage wrapping services are available. Travelers can avail themselves of this service to safeguard their belongings from damage and tampering during transit.
- Baggage Storage: The airport provides secure baggage storage facilities for passengers who wish to store their luggage for short or extended periods. Whether you have a long layover or want to explore the city without carrying your bags, this service allows you to leave your belongings in a safe environment.
- Lost and Found: In case of misplaced or lost baggage, the airport has a dedicated Lost and Found counter to assist passengers. Trained staff are available to help track and locate missing items, ensuring a swift resolution to any baggage-related issues.
- Oversized Baggage: For travelers with oversized or bulky items, specialized services are available to handle the transportation and check-in process of such baggage. This ensures that all belongings, regardless of size, are accommodated efficiently.
- Baggage Claim: Upon arrival, passengers can proceed to the baggage claim area, where they can retrieve their checked luggage. The airport staff ensures that baggage is promptly unloaded and made available for collection, minimizing waiting times.
Allama Iqbal International Airport’s comprehensive baggage services are designed to enhance the travel experience for passengers, offering convenience, security, and assistance throughout their journey. Whether you are arriving, departing, or connecting flights, these services ensure that your baggage handling needs are efficiently met, leaving you free to focus on enjoying your travel experience.
- Location: Currency exchange counters are typically located in the arrivals and departures areas of the international terminal. They are easily accessible for both incoming and outgoing passengers.
- Services: These currency exchange counters generally offer services to convert major foreign currencies to Pakistani Rupees (PKR) and vice versa. The available currencies may include US Dollars (USD), Euros (EUR), British Pounds (GBP), and others, depending on the demand.
- Rates: Exchange rates may vary slightly from one counter to another, so it’s advisable to compare rates at multiple counters to get the best deal. Rates are usually competitive but may include a nominal service charge or commission.
- Timing: Currency exchange counters are typically open during airport operating hours, which usually align with flight schedules. Most international airports offer 24-hour currency exchange services to cater to passengers arriving and departing at all hours.
- Location: ATMs are usually located in various areas within the airport, including the arrivals and departures halls of both domestic and international terminals. They are strategically placed for the convenience of travelers.
- Services: ATMs at Lahore Airport usually accept major international debit and credit cards, such as Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. They allow you to withdraw Pakistani Rupees (PKR) directly from your foreign bank account at the prevailing exchange rate set by your bank.
- Charges: When using international ATMs, your home bank and the ATM owner’s bank may apply charges for the withdrawal, including foreign transaction fees. It’s a good idea to check with your bank about their international withdrawal fees and notify them of your travel plans to avoid any potential issues.
- Availability: ATMs at the airport are generally available 24/7 to accommodate passengers arriving or departing at any time of day.
- Before your trip, inform your bank about your travel plans to avoid potential card blocks due to international transactions.
- Carry a small amount of local currency (PKR) for immediate expenses upon arrival, and then use ATMs to withdraw additional funds as needed.
- Compare the rates offered at different currency exchange counters to get the best value for your money.
- Keep track of the airport’s operating hours to ensure you have access to currency exchange and ATM services when you need them.
- First Aid Stations: The airport typically has First Aid stations or medical assistance points located within the terminal buildings. These stations are equipped to provide immediate medical attention for minor injuries or illnesses. Trained medical personnel or airport staff may be available at these points to assist travelers in need.
- Emergency Medical Services: In the event of a medical emergency, the airport would have arrangements to contact emergency medical services, including ambulances and nearby hospitals, to ensure prompt and appropriate medical care.
- Pharmacy: Lahore Airport may have a pharmacy or a medical store within the terminal. This pharmacy can provide over-the-counter medications and basic medical supplies to travelers.
- Travel Insurance: Before your trip, consider obtaining comprehensive travel insurance that covers medical emergencies and medical evacuation. This insurance can provide financial protection and peace of mind in case of unexpected health issues during your journey.
- Personal Medications: If you have any pre-existing medical conditions, make sure to carry an adequate supply of your prescribed medications in their original packaging. Keep them in your carry-on luggage to have easy access during the flight.
- Contact Information: Familiarize yourself with the airport’s medical facilities and emergency contact numbers. If you have any specific medical concerns or conditions, know how to seek assistance at the airport.
- Seek Help: In case you require medical assistance while at the airport, don’t hesitate to approach airport staff or make your way to the nearest First Aid station. They will be able to assist you or arrange for appropriate medical attention if needed.
It’s crucial to note that the availability and quality of medical facilities at airports can vary, and the services provided may be limited to basic medical assistance. If you have any specific health concerns or medical requirements, it’s advisable to consult your healthcare provider before traveling and consider making appropriate arrangements for your journey.
Children Play Areas and Activities at Lahore Airport
While there might not have been specific play areas for children, there are still ways to keep your young ones entertained during your time at Lahore Airport:
- Carry Toys and Activities: Be sure to bring along some of your children’s favorite toys, books, coloring materials, or electronic devices to keep them occupied while waiting for your flight.
- Use the Seating Areas: Many seating areas at the airport provide ample space for children to move around and stretch their legs. You can find seats near windows where children can watch airplanes take off and land, which can be an exciting activity for them.
- Dining Options: Some airport restaurants and cafes may have kid-friendly menus and spaces that cater to families. Consider choosing a dining spot with a relaxed atmosphere and options suitable for children.
- Family Lounges: While Lahore Airport may not have dedicated children’s play areas, it is worth checking if any lounges offer family-friendly amenities. Some airport lounges provide play areas or entertainment zones for children.
- Engage in Interactive Displays: Some airports feature interactive displays or art installations that can capture children’s attention and make for an engaging experience.
- Plan Ahead: Be prepared for the possibility of no dedicated children’s play areas and plan alternative ways to keep your children entertained during your airport stay.
- Comfortable Clothing: Dress your children in comfortable and breathable clothing suitable for the airport environment.
- Snacks and Drinks: Carry some snacks and drinks for your children to keep them energized during your time at the airport.
- Security Checkpoint: Keep in mind that you might need to go through security checks, so be ready to handle any baby essentials or baby food in accordance with airport regulations.
Accessibility Features at Lahore Airport
Here are some accessibility features that may be available at Lahore Airport:
- Wheelchair Assistance: The airport typically provides wheelchair assistance for passengers with reduced mobility or disabilities. This service is available upon request and can be arranged through your airline or airport staff. Wheelchair assistance can help travelers with mobility challenges move through the airport, including during check-in, security, and boarding processes.
- Accessible Restrooms: Lahore Airport should have accessible restrooms equipped with facilities to accommodate travelers with disabilities. These restrooms usually have wider doorways and spacious interiors to accommodate wheelchair users.
- Elevators and Escalators: The airport may have elevators and escalators installed to ensure that passengers with disabilities can easily access different levels of the terminal building.
- Special Assistance Points: There might be special assistance points or designated areas within the airport where travelers with disabilities or reduced mobility can seek help or ask for information.
- Accessible Parking: Lahore Airport typically offers accessible parking spaces for passengers with disabilities. These spaces are located close to the terminal building to facilitate convenient access.
- Assistance for Visually Impaired Travelers: The airport staff may be trained to assist visually impaired travelers upon request. This assistance may include guiding them through the airport, providing necessary information, and helping with check-in and security procedures.
- Accessible Information and Signage: The airport should have signage and information displays that are clear, easy to read, and accessible to all travelers, including those with disabilities.
- Inform Your Airline: If you require any special assistance or accommodations, it’s essential to inform your airline in advance. Airlines generally provide assistance for passengers with disabilities, but notifying them beforehand ensures a smooth travel experience.
- Arrive Early: Arriving at the airport well in advance allows you to have sufficient time to request and receive any necessary assistance.
- Contact Airport Authorities: If you have specific accessibility needs or questions, consider contacting Lahore Airport authorities directly before your travel date to inquire about available services and facilities.
Tips for navigating Lahore Airport
Here are some specific tips for navigating Lahore Airport (Allama Iqbal International Airport) as a traveler:
- Arrive Early: Lahore Airport can get busy, especially during peak travel times. To avoid any last-minute rush or delays, it’s advisable to arrive at the airport well in advance of your scheduled departure time.
- Check Flight Status: Before heading to the airport, check the status of your flight. Flight schedules can sometimes change, and it’s better to be informed about any delays or cancellations in advance.
- Baggage Rules and Restrictions: Familiarize yourself with the baggage rules and restrictions of your airline. Lahore Airport follows standard international guidelines, and it’s essential to comply with weight and size limits to avoid excess baggage fees or delays.
- Proper Documentation: Make sure you have all the necessary travel documents, including your passport, visa (if applicable), boarding pass, and any other required paperwork. Keep them in a secure and easily accessible place.
- Security Checkpoint: Lahore Airport has security checkpoints for both departing and arriving passengers. Be prepared to go through security screening, which includes metal detectors and baggage X-ray machines. Remove any metal objects from your pockets and place them in the provided trays.
- Currency Exchange: If you need to exchange foreign currency to Pakistani Rupees (PKR), currency exchange counters are available at Lahore Airport. Compare rates and consider exchanging only the amount you’ll need for immediate expenses.
- ATMs and Banking Facilities: ATMs are available at Lahore Airport, allowing you to withdraw cash in the local currency. Check with your bank regarding any foreign transaction fees or international withdrawal limits.
- Dining Options: Lahore Airport offers various dining options where you can enjoy local and international cuisine. Consider trying some traditional Pakistani dishes to experience the local flavors.
- Wi-Fi and Connectivity: The airport provides free Wi-Fi, so you can stay connected during your time at Lahore Airport. Look for the Wi-Fi network details displayed within the terminal.
- Airport Layout and Signage: Familiarize yourself with the airport layout and pay attention to signage. The airport’s signs are generally in both English and Urdu, making navigation easier.
- Transportation Options: After arriving at Lahore Airport, you can choose from various transportation options, including taxis, app-based ride-hailing services, or rental cars. Confirm the fare or arrange a pick-up in advance if needed.
- Respect Local Customs: While at the airport and throughout your journey, respect local customs and cultural norms. Dress modestly, especially if you plan to visit religious sites in Lahore.
Long-Term Parking & Wi-Fi Connectivity
Long-Term Parking: Lahore Airport provides long-term parking options for travelers who need to leave their vehicles at the airport for an extended period. Long-term parking is suitable for those going on longer trips or who require a safe and secure parking solution while away.
Wi-Fi Connectivity: Lahore Airport offers free Wi-Fi connectivity to passengers, allowing them to stay connected during their time at the airport. The Wi-Fi service provides internet access for browsing, communication, and other online activities.
- For long-term parking, make sure to choose the designated parking area and follow the instructions provided by the airport staff or signage.
- To access the airport’s Wi-Fi, look for the Wi-Fi network details displayed within the terminal. Connect to the network and follow any authentication procedures if required.
- If you have any specific requirements or questions about long-term parking or Wi-Fi connectivity, consider contacting the airport authorities directly for the most up-to-date information.
Lahore Airport Nearby Attractions
Here are 10 Lahore Airport nearby attractions along with their approximate distance and time required to travel
- Badshahi Mosque: Distance: Approximately 18 kilometers (11 miles) from the airport. Travel Time: Around 30-40 minutes, depending on traffic.
The Badshahi Mosque is one of Lahore’s most iconic landmarks and a masterpiece of Mughal architecture. It was built in the mid-17th century during the reign of Emperor Aurangzeb. The mosque’s grandeur, with its massive white marble structure and intricate red sandstone carvings, mesmerizes visitors. It is one of the largest mosques in the world and can accommodate tens of thousands of worshippers. Visitors can explore the vast courtyard and marvel at the stunning architectural details inside the prayer hall. The nearby Lahore Fort and Shalimar Gardens are also worth visiting.
- Lahore Fort (Shahi Qila): Distance: Approximately 20 kilometers (12.5 miles) from the airport. Travel Time: Around 35-45 minutes, depending on traffic.
The Lahore Fort, also known as Shahi Qila, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site located in the heart of Lahore. It dates back to the 11th century and has seen various additions and renovations by different rulers over the centuries. The fort’s stunning architecture showcases a blend of Mughal, Sikh, and British influences. Visitors can explore its various palaces, halls, and gardens, including Sheesh Mahal (Palace of Mirrors) and Naulakha Pavilion. The fort’s historical significance and splendid design make it a must-visit attraction for history enthusiasts.
- Shalimar Gardens: Distance: Approximately 21 kilometers (13 miles) from the airport. Travel Time: Around 40-50 minutes, depending on traffic.
The Shalimar Gardens, another UNESCO World Heritage Site, is a magnificent Mughal garden located near the Lahore Fort. Emperor Shah Jahan commissioned its construction in the 17th century as a symbol of his love for Empress Mumtaz Mahal. The garden’s layout features terraced lawns, decorative water channels, and cascading fountains. It is a testament to the Mughal era’s landscape architecture and engineering expertise. Visitors can take leisurely strolls through the gardens, enjoying the serene atmosphere and splendid views.
- Lahore Museum: Distance: Approximately 19 kilometers (12 miles) from the airport. Travel Time: Around 35-45 minutes, depending on traffic.
The Lahore Museum is one of the oldest and most significant museums in South Asia, housing an extensive collection of art, artifacts, and historical items. It was established in 1894 and features exhibits on archaeology, Islamic art, Gandhara sculptures, ancient coins, and paintings. The museum’s collection provides a comprehensive overview of Pakistan’s cultural heritage and history. Visitors can explore the exhibits to learn about the region’s rich past and its various influences.
- Walled City of Lahore (Old Lahore): Distance: Approximately 17 kilometers (10.5 miles) from the airport. Travel Time: Around 30-40 minutes, depending on traffic.
The Walled City of Lahore, also known as Old Lahore, is a historical area surrounded by centuries-old walls. It is a treasure trove of cultural heritage, featuring narrow streets, bustling bazaars, and ancient landmarks. Visitors can experience the vibrant atmosphere of the city’s traditional markets, including Anarkali Bazaar and Delhi Gate. Key attractions within the Walled City include the Wazir Khan Mosque, Delhi Gate, and Lahore’s famous food street, offering a variety of delectable local dishes.
- Lahore Zoo: Distance: Approximately 20 kilometers (12.5 miles) from the airport. Travel Time: Around 35-45 minutes, depending on traffic.
Lahore Zoo, established in 1872, is one of the oldest zoos in South Asia and a popular recreational spot for families. It houses a diverse collection of animals, including lions, elephants, giraffes, and various bird species. The zoo also features lush greenery, scenic picnic spots, and a small botanical garden. Visitors can enjoy a leisurely walk through the zoo, observe the wildlife, and learn about conservation efforts.
- Jahangir’s Tomb: Distance: Approximately 23 kilometers (14 miles) from the airport. Travel Time: Around 40-50 minutes, depending on traffic.
Jahangir’s Tomb is a mausoleum dedicated to Emperor Jahangir, constructed in the early 17th century. This magnificent structure showcases a beautiful blend of Mughal and Persian architectural styles. The tomb’s intricate marble work, elaborate frescoes, and serene surroundings make it a captivating historical site. Visitors can explore the tomb’s spacious garden and pay homage to the Mughal Emperor buried here.
- Minar-e-Pakistan: Distance: Approximately 20 kilometers (12.5 miles) from the airport. Travel Time: Around 35-45 minutes, depending on traffic.
Minar-e-Pakistan is a national monument and a symbol of Pakistan’s independence movement. It was constructed in the 1960s to commemorate the Lahore Resolution of 1940, which ultimately led to the creation of Pakistan. The towering minaret features a blend of Islamic and modern architectural elements and offers a panoramic view of Lahore from its observation deck. The surrounding Iqbal Park is a popular recreational area for locals and visitors alike.
- Data Darbar (Shrine of Data Ganj Bakhsh): Distance: Approximately 20 kilometers (12.5 miles) from the airport. Travel Time: Around 35-45 minutes, depending on traffic.
Data Darbar is one of the most revered Sufi shrines in Pakistan, dedicated to the Sufi saint Hazrat Ali Hajveri, commonly known as Data Ganj Bakhsh. The shrine’s striking architecture, adorned with colorful tiles and marble work, is a significant spiritual and cultural site. It attracts thousands of devotees and visitors from all over the world, creating a unique blend of spirituality and cultural diversity.
- Lahore Canal: Distance: Approximately 17 kilometers (10.5 miles) from the airport. Travel Time: Around 30-40 minutes, depending on traffic.
The Lahore Canal is a tranquil waterway stretching through the heart of the city. It offers a peaceful environment for leisurely walks and jogging along its banks. Many locals and tourists visit the canal for recreational activities and to enjoy the serene surroundings. The canal is particularly beautiful during the evenings when it is illuminated, creating a lovely ambiance for a relaxed stroll.
FAQs about Lahore Airport
1. Q: How far is Lahore Airport from the city center of Lahore? A: Lahore Airport is approximately 18 kilometers (11 miles) southeast of the city center. The travel time from the airport to the city center varies depending on traffic and can take around 30-45 minutes.
2. Q: Does Lahore Airport have currency exchange facilities? A: Yes, Lahore Airport provides currency exchange counters where you can convert major foreign currencies to Pakistani Rupees (PKR) and vice versa.
3. Q: Are there any children’s play areas at Lahore Airport? A: As of my last update in September 2021, Lahore Airport did not have dedicated children’s play areas within the terminal buildings. However, you can keep your children entertained with toys and activities during your stay.
4. Q: What transportation options are available from Lahore Airport to the city center? A: Travelers can choose from various transportation options, including taxis, app-based ride-hailing services, and rental cars, to get to the city center from Lahore Airport.
5. Q: Is there free Wi-Fi available at Lahore Airport? A: Yes, Lahore Airport offers free Wi-Fi connectivity for passengers, allowing them to stay connected during their time at the airport.
6. Q: How early should I arrive at Lahore Airport before my flight? A: It is recommended to arrive at least 2 to 3 hours before your domestic flight and 3 to 4 hours before your international flight departure time to allow for check-in, security, and boarding procedures.
7. Q: Are there any nearby attractions to visit during a layover at Lahore Airport? A: Yes, there are several attractions near Lahore Airport, including Badshahi Mosque, Lahore Fort, Shalimar Gardens, Lahore Museum, and the Walled City of Lahore. These attractions offer rich cultural experiences and are worth exploring during a layover.
8. Q: Are there facilities for passengers with reduced mobility or disabilities at Lahore Airport? A: Lahore Airport provides wheelchair assistance and accessible restrooms for passengers with reduced mobility or disabilities. Special assistance points may also be available within the terminal.
9. Q: Can I store my luggage at Lahore Airport during a layover? A: As of my last update, Lahore Airport did not have official luggage storage facilities. However, you can inquire with the airport staff or relevant authorities for any temporary storage options.
10. Q: Are there any COVID-19 travel guidelines I need to be aware of when traveling to Lahore? A: COVID-19 travel guidelines may vary, and it’s essential to check the latest travel restrictions, entry requirements, and health protocols issued by the Pakistani government and the airline you’re traveling with before your trip.